Overnight Patriotic Porridge
It’s fresh, it’s cold, it’s fast, and most important to my kids, it tastes DELICIOUS! This breakfast is too delicious and so perfect for a holiday morning. Now you could possibly get the layered look by chilling the oats all night separate from the berries so the oats are thick enough not to be runny, But then that kind of defeats the idea of grabbing it out of the fridge and eating. Plus, combining the berries while it sits overnight taste so much sweeter.
- 2 cups oats (rolled oats or quick oats both work)
- 2 cups milk (or vanilla soy milk, almond milk, or other liquid)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups red berries (strawberries and raspberries)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 to 4 jars
Adults: Chill your oats mixed with the liquid for 12 hours. Fruit to flavor your oats
Kids: Divide everything among 2-4 jars and chill overnight.
Adults: The key to making this sweet and super healthy- is loads of berries!! You do NOT precook the oats! They are just plain, dry oats.. any type.
Thank you to our friends at Super Healthy Kids for allowing Nourish Interactive to share these kid-friendly recipes.
Super Healthy Kids
Sobre esta receta
- Porciones: 1
- Tiempo de preparación: 12 hours
- Tiempo de cocción: 0 minutes